Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/1/11 Plus 5 Days

So 5 days into 2011 and life is good.  My new mantra for the year “Let it be” seems to be working well for me.  I have done a 180 with my thought process and continuing positive thinking – well at least for the most part.  I cannot be perfect; there will always be room for improvement.

As that is said this year has been wonderful for my relationship with Emma.  She seems to have changed her ‘I only want Daddy’ attitude and has been more open to Mommy – yay for me!  I’m of course enjoying absolutely every minute of it.  Even at 6:30 in the morning when I am rushing around attempting to get out the door and start the day – only a few moments of Emma/Mommy time make my days SO much better, and make the rushing around all the more worth it!

More on Emma Bug – she’s more mischievous than ever.  Always into something and so incredibly inquisitive and intelligent.  All she needs to do is watch you do something once and she can then do it too.  It amazes me.  She’s learned to throw things away in the trash and put her dirty clothes in the hamper.  All on her own.   She’s also brushing her own teeth and attempting to put shoes on her feet, they may not be HER shoes but shoes none the less.   At 15 months still no coherent talking but babbling up a storm.  When words finally come out I’m sure she will be a never ending source of laughter and entertainment.   I took her this past weekend with me for pedicures.  She wouldn’t let the salon technicians do hers but she did let me paint them – so cute!  I just LOVE!

Ok – first new adventure for the new year – piano lessons!  My first lesson was last night.  It has been a little over 10 years since my last musical encounter and yeah I can most definitely tell.  Although things slowly started coming back to me I’m super rusty.  Started out in a children’s book for heaven’s sake!  But we must start somewhere.  Oh and one more obstacle to overcome with this venture – GETTING SOMETHING TO PRACTICE ON.  And yes I HAVE a piano – it just resides in Ohio.  Not an easy travel distance for practicing. I’ve been doing lots of research and have found a few ‘piano like keyboards’ I’m interested in.  Hey something is better than nothing until I FINALLY have my piano at my house.    

And second somewhat new adventure – cake decorating.  So I know this isn’t new new but I really want to get more into this.  I always see thing I say I want to try and never do.  So this is year is about actually doing.  I may do and fail but at least I did! 

For those of you who don’t know – I am picture obsessed.  Mostly pictures of Emma but really ANY picture.  So I will always try to include at least one (if not many more) pictures with each of my posts.  They may not be in any way relevant to what I write about but I’ll still post – just because I want to!  And side note to my picture obsession – I have the world’s crappiest camera so I take most of my pictures with my phone so my disclaimer is, they are not the best quality.  Another goal is to get a great picture taking camera – but I think that is far off in my budget so for now I’ll be happy with the fact that I can take ANY picture!



                                                Sure Mommy, I'll give you a pedicure!

                                                            Pretty little buggy toes

No comments:

Post a Comment