Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Paci Be Gone, Terrible 2’s, wait I mean terrible ALMOST 2’s and Other Updates

So in my last post I mentioned taking away the paci from Bug – or at least beginning the attempt.  She had not been using it at school at all but was still very attached to it while at home and for sleeping.  So I took it from her – cold turkey.  Just hid all the paci’s around the house (she had become a pro at knowing where they were!)  We had one day of serious paci hunting but then it soon became a distant memory.  It happened so fast that she no longer looked for it I had a hard time believing.  She had become so attached to it I didn’t think it would be as easy as it was for her to become un-attached to it.   But we are PACI FREE!

I know I’ve mentioned before the worry we have had about Buggie’s talking, or rather her NOT talking.  I suppose I can now say that is all cleared up.  Out of the blue words are just spewing out.  The newest additions are Gixxy, Addie, Apple (pronounced appee), sit (which sounds a lot like shit and every time she says it I crack up – yes, yes I’m like a little kid!) , sorry, two, juice and knee.  Those among many others that if you ask her to say them to will.  Not all of them are perfect but at least she is getting something out more so than she had been.  Since we’ve been spending quite a bit of our time lately with or talking about our real estate agent Bobbi, Emma has been saying Bobbi.  And since the cat’s name is Bob she’s got that one down too.  I’m now working with her to say Sophia (her best friend) and Brayden (her much younger boyfriend).  She tries but doesn’t quite have them down…….yet.  And she can point to their pics on the fridge.  Updates of course will follow.

Those terrible 2’s are right around the corner – and we are seeing that very frequently.  Although I can’t complain too much – Bug is still very sweet – within the last few weeks she has been expressing her dislike for things in a much louder and violent manner than we have seen before.  In particular if she doesn’t get what she wants or you are doing something and she wants you to be doing something else.  There are a lot of no, no, no’s, pushing and go that comes out of her mouth.  All while she’s trying to get someone to do exactly what SHE wants them to do.  I must admit she is still stinkin’ cute while doing these things.  Lucky for her or I’d be sending her back to where she came from! 

House update – all things are on track with the house.  We are scheduled to close on August 31 and plan on moving in over Labor Day weekend.  The packing part is coming along. Slowly.  I didn’t realize how much crap we had shoved into the teeny tiny house.  But trust me there is a lot.  The state of the house now is partially in boxes and partially not.  Most of the walls are bare.  And the boxes are sitting around everywhere.  All the food is out of the pantry (packed up early due to an unforeseen ant invasion) and we are basically living out of boxes.  Ugh.  But I just keep telling myself that in a few short months I will be unpacking it all and settling in to a place where we actually have room to move!  HALLEIUIAH!      

No comments:

Post a Comment