Monday, July 18, 2011

Sweet & Salty, A Big Ol' Blister and I think I'm in Love

So if you know me at all you know my obsession with Salty Caramel icecream from Jeni's - the Columbus, Ohio based ice cream shop.  I can usually only get this ice cream when I visit Rachel - who is currently in Texas and not Ohio - so no Jeni's to be had.  But my recent trip to Ohio for Memorial Day allowed me to stumble upon another local (this time to Twinsburg, Ohio) ice cream shop offering up the sweet icecream.  Rosotti's, a walk up, old fashioned, ice cream stand, has a flavor called Sea Salt Caramel.  Although not quite as good as the original it definetly will do when Jeni's is not a possible option.  If you've never had the chance to try a salty and caramel combination PLEASE hurry and get some as fast as you can.  Your life will never be the same!!! 

Now - saying that I think my palate prefers that sweet and salty combination.  You know, salty caramel icecream, chocoalte covered pretzels - things of that nature.  Anytime I see salt and caramel together I must try.  While at Target today buying first aide supplies for the Big Ol' blister (see below) I came across these cute little granola bars boasting that salt and caramel combo, and immediately snatch up a box.



They are made by Archer Farms - all of their stuff I am a fan of.  Although not quite as salty as I would have liked they are delicious little bites of wonderfulness - the perfect little 'pick me up' for a work day afternoon.  And not too hard on the diet - each piece is only 3g of fat and they do a great job satisfying people like me with a chocolate craving around the same time every day.  Just enough of the good stuff to keep you going.  Yes I just may be in love - with SALT & CARAMEL!

Now on to the Big Ol' blister.  Although I haven't blogged about it much before - I started doing CrossFit (a workout program widely used by military and law enforcement) back in march of 2010.  The program has changed my life.  Got rid of all my Emma flab (well most of it) and has gotten me into the best shape physically I've ever been in.  It's addictive to the core and has become an intergral part of life.  The workout are scalable and therefore ANYONE (and if I can you can too!) can do the workouts.  But long story into few words, when I started I was doing pull ups by standing on a tall box and using the box to assist in pulling myself up.  NO MORE MY FRIENDS!  I have officially worked my way up to a full kipping (please check out http://www.crossfit.com/) pull up without any assistance.  I am pretty proud of myself for this milestone!  Today was the first day i did the complete WOD (work out of the day) doing all un-assisted pull ups, a total of 50.  My prize for this awesomeness - the Big Ol' blister!   EEEEK.  No pain no gain - right?!

                                               OUCH!
                              And let's not talk about the pain of the
                            hydrogen peroxide and cleansing spray!!


No comments:

Post a Comment