Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Hoob-y What-y!?

So within the past few weeks or so Emma has taken the ‘terrible two’s’ to the EXTREME.  I mean really.  I’ve wanted to write about it but words have failed me.  We’ve gotten through however yesterday morning it turned to a new level.  I woke her up for school (which is always a terrible horrible thing for her) and she just had a complete meltdown!  She was screaming and crying to the point of losing her breath.  Not to mention the hitting and kicking and squirming and running away from me back into bed as I try to get her dressed.  Along with the hollering ‘no shirt off,’ ‘I want jammies on,’ and ‘no shoes, no shoes!’  Although she is cute as a button and I love her to death she has most definitely worn me out the last few days especially.  Then yesterday we came home from school and work and went in the back yard to throw the tennis ball to the dogs.  It was nice exercise and fun for all of us.  But that is where the fun ends.  When I told her it was time to go in the house because it was starting to rain you would have thought the world was ending.  I’m really not sure what has her so upset lately.  And it goes in waves.  She will be happy go lucky, smiling, laughing, one minute and then the next she is completely a mess.  Please, please tell me this is just a phase!?! 

Now on to more pleasant writings.  My mom came down for Thanksgiving again this year and we had a very enjoyable long weekend.  In lieu of cooking a big ol’ turkey we opted for a honey baked turkey breast and some homemade sides – and it was all very yummy! We also spent the morning with the Rye’s eating monkey bread and watching the babies play.  Thanksgiving night we took a ride through the Tanglewood Festival of Lights.  Emma was very intrigued by the lights and kept saying ‘look, look!’ Very cute.  And we also put up the Christmas tree.  I tried to be laid back this year and pretty much let Emma do all the decorating – with the exception of the few ornaments I put near the top of the tree.  I have yet to do any outside decorations – not because I don’t want too but because I don’t have the proper décor to outfit the new house and because the décor from the old house just doesn’t work with the new house – and yes I did attempt!  It was a great weekend overall – and of course here are a few pictures of the fun! 
    
{giving Brayden some love on Thanksgiving morning}

{a pre-Thanksgiving meal time out}

{Thanksgiving prayer}

{wreath at Tanglewood}

{Tanglewood Merry Christmas}

{doing Grandma's hair for some Black Friday shopping}

{trying on some bling bling}


{bug hung these 4 snowmen on the tree and said "Emma, Lilly, Sophie & Brayden" - how adorable - she loves her friends}

 {getting out one of the Buckeye ornaments - prior to it's demise into shards on the floor!}

{happy bug decorating the tree all by herself!}


Friday is only 4 days away!!! :0) Happy beginning of the holidays!!


No comments:

Post a Comment