Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall has arrived!!

My FAVORITE time of the year has arrived!!!  Fall is here which means Halloween, pumpkins, leaves of all colors, spiced cider, candy corn....ok you get the gist!  Seems this year October brought with it the cooler temperatures, which I adore.  Jeans, sweatshirts and boots.  My fav!  And on top of all this the Disney Channel is having 'Monstober' all month long with all kinds of fun Halloween shows, movies and music.  Pretty much doesn't get much better than that.  No, no it doesn't.

So to kick off Fall, the Kiefer Family made the annual outing to a pumpkin patch.  This year we tried a new place, Oakhaven Farm in Pelham, NC, about an hour drive away from K-Ville.  So worth the trip.  We ended up spending a good long while at the farm with all kinds of activities including a hay ride, corn cannon, barrel train, climning spider web, inflatable horses, corn maze, giant jumping pillow, petting zoo and of course picking out our pumpkins!  The farm was ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and the weather was perfect! And to top it all off this was the most affordable fun around!! (http://www.comegetlost.com/) I took so many pictures of the afternoon, here are a few of my favorites!

{Oakhaven Farms}

                                                  {riding the barrel train ALL on her own!}

{checkin' out the chicken coop}

{getting a little frustrated in the corn maze - we ended up somehow exiting through the entrance!}

{corn cannon}

{another of the farm from the hay ride - GORGEOUS!}

 {horsie}

{the lake at the farm}

{Pig Talk}

{Oink, Oink}

{I got my pumpkin!}

{Here lamby, lamby, lamb!}

On another side and somewhat sad note - I got my Halloween stuff out of the garage this weekend to put out.  Well, last year I made a bunch of little ghosts for our front tree, turned out really cute.  Only problem is WE HAVE NO FRONT TREE at the new house!! :(  So where in the world do I hang my little ghosts?  Not the same on bushes.  So alas they went back into the box.  Time to plant a new tree I say!!

Oh and shall I just say - pumpkin spice things are out in full force and I intend to stock up on as many as possible!  (I've already gotten a bag of Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, Pumpkin Spice Marshmallows & several boxes of Pumpkin Spice pudding).  There will be no shosrtage of 'pumpkin' in my house!

{HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment