Quick update on my new chapter. I like it. It is different, but in a good way. I’m into day 3 and the days are flying by. I have a TON to learn but I’m up for the challenge. Here are just a few basic everyday things that I’ll have to get used to, you know the stuff you don't really think about until it changes:
- I have to park a lot further away from the building, so to get to my office it takes a few extra minutes – but if I take the stairs (which I do) I get an extra workout in everyday!
- There are no single toilets here – all the bathrooms have multiple stalls, not a huge deal I’m just not used to running into someone inside the bathroom! I’m more used to not being able to get into one!
- Also, speaking of bathrooms, the ones at city hall have automatic flushers. I HATE automatic flushers. They always go off when you don’t want them to and don’t when you want them too. I am not a fan.
- There is a nice break room here with several vending machines and even a coffee machine (yes I like coffee machines even though the coffee isn’t great – I can’t help it!)
- HOWEVER – there is not a sink in the building for washing or rinsing out dishes – you have to use the bathroom sink. Seems I’ll be bringing home more dirty dishes than before. :O)
Just some minor differences that I know before long will be like nothing. Buggy is adjusting well to the new schedule for the most part – mornings are still a bit rough but since she has had some more sleep I can usually start joking with her and get her moving. The evenings have been a huge improvement. Both days when I picked her up she didn’t want to leave school and then maintained a great mood until bedtime. Makes the evenings a lot easier to deal with.
So far so good. More updates to come when I have more time!
Happy Hump Day!