Friday, July 27, 2012

Buggyisms

Some things coming out of the Bug these days:

-         “Guys, you aren’t listening to me!!” - said with total attitude and to anyone who may not be giving her complete and total attention exactly when she wants it

-         “I want to take off my clothes and be naked” – yep, that’s it.

-         “__________________________, yesterday” – the blank can be filled in with anything, and all end with yesterday.

-         “__________________________, for the Bible tells me so” – this blank can also be filled in with anything.  She bounces back and forth between ending sentences in yesterday or this one.  Example:  Me: ‘Is that good chocolate milk?”  Bug:  “Yes for the Bible tells me so.”  

-          Addison had a tummy ache and Monday we came home for the day to several messes in the kitchen as a result of said tummy ache.  After getting it all cleaned up I overheard Bug with Addison – Bug: “Addie, you don’t feel good? Your tummy hurts? It’s ok I kiss it and make it better” – then she gave her a kiss and a hug and went on with her business.  Now that’s sweet. 

{bugs rendition of 'Jesus Loves Me'}

Potty Update:  It’s going.  I’ll just say that.  Monday was awesome but it’s gone downhill from there.  She’s still in the practice of saying something about #2 AFTER #2 has already occurred.  I must say I’ve already seen, smelled and had to clean out FAR too many dirty #2 panties!  And you know how it is when you have to clean up something gross right?!  You feel like that’s all you can smell for the rest of the day.  It invades your nostrils and won’t let go.  Yes – I’ve got that.  I will most definitely need to re-pack her ‘potty bag’ for school with extra clothes and panties and will be doing laundry on a much more frequent basis now.  But it’s all a part of the process.  And she is well on her way to mastering this process.  That’s all I can ask for.

Ok get ready for a semi-rant here!  Let me just ask – why in the world is it IMPOSSIBLE for the dryer to just simply dry clothes?  Why does it insist upon totally mangling all the clothes and flipping them inside out? Like it doesn’t already completely stink to have to fold and/or hang up clean clothes, let’s make it a little more painful and TURN THEM ALL INSIDE OUT!  Seriously.   alright,  rant complete.

{right on.  i love these ecards!}

Last weekend I was in Ohio for my sister’s bachelorette party.  And so I’ll go on the record and say I am O.L.D.  My fear was not being able to stay up past 9p and missing half of the party.  I did manage to stay up late.  WAY late.  However that coupled with driving back to NC the next day has completely obliterated me!  I’ve felt pretty run down and tired most of the week. Although I know you cannot ‘catch up’ on sleep I feel like that’s really what I need to do.  Like one full day of nothing but sleeping.  Oh a girl can dream.  Anyways the bachelorette party really can be summed up in some pictures.  Started out with a nice day at my aunt’s pool, then had a good dinner at Great Lakes Brewery in Cleveland, followed by some hotel shenanigans and then some dancing out in downtown Cleveland.

{dinner at Great Lakes Brewery}

{group shot after dinner}

{the bachelorette - she was a good sport as you can see!}

{mere, me, gina}

On the drive up to Ohio for the party I stopped at a gas station and found these drinks.  They have a huge variety of different flavors, some slightly carbonated and some not at all.  I grabbed 2 (they were on sale) and I really like them.  So much so that I grabbed 2 more on the way home.  They say they are nutritional supplements with things for sleeping, energy, weight loss, and one for vitamin D.  The 4 I tried were really good but I’m sad to say they aren’t out in NC yet.  I’m hoping yet is the key word there.  The one I got that said for energy really gave me some energy.  The best thing is they are low in sugar and, for me, will be a great pop replacement.   I would recommend them if you see them in your travels!

{and they come in cute bottles - BONUS!}

{bug and mama this morning.  our future is so bright.....and wow does my nose look big!}

Happy Friday Peeps!

1 comment:

  1. You are so hilarious! Love all the little buggy-isms - kids say the darndest things! :) Glad you had a good time in Ohio. And your nose is totally NOT big, silly girl!

    ReplyDelete