Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to Reality

Just a quick blog for today.  I am alive, mostly well and back at home after my 10 trek of crazy!  Meredith and Tommy’s wedding was gorgeous, the cake turned out well and the bride loved it (decorator had some issues with it but so long as the bride was happy that is all the matters!) and I am much more knowledgeable in the world of government finance.  Now I’m looking forward to a 3-day weekend!  All in all the past 10 days went very well.  Since I’m just doing a quick post for now – I’ll more than likely do a more detailed post with pictures of course later – for now I’ll do a list of some of the highlights from the last 10 days! (oh and I did of course Instagram some pics throughout the trek so feel free to click over there and check those out!)
·         I managed to get up every morning while in Ohio (minus the wedding morning since we had to be at the salon at 7:30) to do a workout.  Since I didn’t have all the equipment and stuff I would normally they weren’t quite as intense but I got in a few nice runs at a park near my sister’s house and in my mom’s allotment

·         I was able to sleep in a bed all by myself – that in itself is just plain awesome

·         I got to fly first class for the first time, and I was super nice. (US Airways was running behind on my flight from Cleveland to Philly so they had to push my flight from Philly to Raleigh back WAY late so I got first class as a comp)

·         I no longer have the ability to wear high heel shoes without consequence

·         I cannot turn down a monster cookie and will eat them one after the other until I am sick

·         My mom can eat an exorbitant amount of cake and frosting at one time without getting even slightly sick – sorry mom I HAD to include this because it was so funny!

·         Buggy doesn’t travel well.  AT ALL.

·         My little sister is now married – HOLY heck how did that happen!

·         I gave a speech at the reception and even SANG a very small portion and didn’t die of embarrassment.  I thought for sure I would have a hard time with that.

·         Cupcakes with filling inside are a huge hit!

·         I am getting old – I rarely see my family in Ohio and see the extended family even less so when I see these YOUNG ADULTS walking around when the last time I saw them they were LITTLE KIDS I realize how quickly time truly does fly. 

·         No matter how much make up I put on my face I ALWAYS look pale as a ghost in photos.
and.......a quick rant:
I spent a fair amount of time in one airport or another these past 2 weeks and I simply have 1 question about airports.  Why in the world do they not make the stalls in bathrooms at airports a little bigger??  I mean I know not everyone travels alone but I’m sure there are quite a few people who must do this at some point and it is ridiculously impossible to fit yourself, a carry on luggage suitcase (you know the smaller kind that you pull behind you) and your ‘personal item’ (in my case a rather large bag in which I carried my actual purse, reading materials, phone charger and some snacks, you know, the essentials!) inside the bathroom stall.  And once you do maneuver yourself inside and actually get the door closed you are usually facing the wrong direction and then have to do some serious twisting, turning, jumping and finagling to actually USE the potty.   Really – I mean the airport people MUST know these types of things will happen so why not just make the stall slightly larger.  Because then when you try to exit the stall and the door swings IN instead of out you get the door stuck on your luggage or personal item and have to yank it free which causes you to lurch forward and for me raises my temperature as well as my blood pressure.  And it seems such an easy fix – I’d say I think I’d prefer less actual stalls and more room inside the stalls.  I wouldn’t mind waiting in a bit of a line if I knew I could get in and out of the stall without maiming myself!
Buggy-ism’s:
- “My belly doesn't hurt, I just toot a lot.” – said just to be said after I asked Addison if her belly hurt because she was cuasing my nostrils so much discomfort!
- "I can't read this, there isn't any pictures in it” – after picking up one of my books from the bookshelf – funny and scary at the same time!
- At dinner last night she was sitting on my lap and out of the blue handed me her cup and said “I don't want this” then turned to me and said “I just want to love you” and proceeded to give me a hug.  Now how can this not melt a Mama’s heart after having been away from her for so long!?
{one quick pic from this morning - she told me she wanted to pose and how could i tell her no, as you see i couldn't}
Happy 3 day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment