Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Who in the world....

Decides to take this song and make it into a children's version of  'Kid's Bop'
 and put it on a CD and put it into a kids meal at a fast food restaurant?' 



Well someone did.  I found this 'Kid's Bop' CD in Buggy's stuff over the weekend (I don't know where it came from or how long it's been in the abyss that is the Bug's closet) and took the CD to the car so we could listen to it.  There are only 5 tracks on the disc.  One is an original Kid's Bop something.  The other 4 are fairly popular R&B type songs made into a kid's version.  I just don't get this one.  I like the song above - it's a good peppy tune for a workout or whatever.  But if you listen to the lyrics closely I just cannot comprehend why someone would think 'oh, let's make a children's song out of this!'  and OF COURSE this song is the Bug's favorite on the disc.  Since Monday morning when I put it in the car she says to me 'play my songs' and when I put the disc on she says 'no the other one' and then tells me to stop when I get to this song.  There are no 'rough' lyrics per say in the Kid's Bop version but still.  I'm baffled.  And now Buggy knows all the words to this version and I have to admit it's pretty cute to watch her sing it. 

The girl picks up on song lyrics wicked quick.  I overhear her singing the correct words to lots of songs I don't even know all the words to.  I think she's destined to be a star in one way or another.  And I'll take that.

Santa Clause is bringing some new CD's - Disney style CD's - for the Bug's stocking.  So soon I will know all the words to those.  And yes I'll probably like the songs.  I may have already downloaded a few from Disney for my own play lists.  Maaaaaybe! :)'   

No comments:

Post a Comment