Monday, December 31, 2012

Oh What a Year Will Bring

That time again.  Time for a new year and new things and getting older!  Ack!  I feel as if I was just posting a new year's post like this one yesterday.  Time really does fly.  I was watching the Bug last night and had one of those 'holy crap' moments like how in the world do I have a 3 year old? And how is it that yesterday I could feel her kicking in my belly and now she's running around, having full conversations with me and is just being, well like a little lady?  Just doesn't seem possible at all!

In my reflection over the past year there are so many things that have happened that have re-shaped me in one way or another.  Last year at this time I felt like a discombobulated mess of crazy and this year I have a calm, serene feeling all around me.  I don't make resolutions because I don't believe it that stuff at all.  I mean why not just do what you want to do in the moment you decide to do it?  Don't pick a start date - JUST START!  There are several things I would like to accomplish this year, goals I've set for myself, attainable goals that further me on the path I am currently taking.  Most of mine are overall health, (mental and physical) and fitness.  I have a new favorite CrossFit athlete and she kicks some serious ass - hello new inspiration and motivation! {her name is Christmas Abbott if you find yourself so inclined to check out her awesomeness}. I also always say I'll do better about posting on this blog.  And I usually don't.  So I won't even say that this year.  Sometimes I get the urge to write lots of things and other times I'm a women of less words - although never no words - you all know I LOVE to talk! 

In similar 'holy heck I have a 3year old' news, Santa brought a big girl bike this year.  I was a bit worried that Bug would have a hard time with it.  I should have known I would be proven wrong.  She's got it down like a pro.  She's a daredevil, nothing scares her.  Check it out!


She also got a scooter from Pappy and Gigi - look out summer time here we come!

Buggy got her first stomach bug over the weekend.  She had never thrown up before.  Even as a baby she spit up very rarely.  So as gross as it is I had to document it as a first!

I've decided if we don't think about the whole peeing the bed/pull up ordeal and don't make a fuss out of it the problem just seems to not be a problem.  At this point she goes to sleep in panties and we deal with the mess if she has one (usually 2 out of 7 nights or so).  But randomly the other night she asked for a little bit of a drink before bed.  I said sure you can have some IF you wear a pull up to sleep in. And she said ok.  That's it.  Ok.  No fights, no tears, no screams.  And it's been going that way since.  Totally agreeable.  It's possible my temper tantrum laden Bug has been replaced with a new mild mannered Bug.  And I'll take it for as long as it lasts!

Santa also put some new Disney music in the Bug's stocking - out with Barney, in with Disney!! yay! :0)

Here's to a happy, prosperous, glorious and all around wonderful 2013!!!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment