Monday, March 21, 2011

Domesticated Mama? – A little bit maybe!?

So my claim to fame is definitely NOT my domestication!  I’ve had conversations with great friends about this and how almost in awe I am of them and their domestication abilities.  Oh how I wish I could be…… but ok.  So I have been doing very well lately with this self proclaimed problem of mine.  Shawn and I have been taking time each week to pick out dinner for every night of the week, and one of us have been getting the dinners ready to go as much as possible the night or morning before.  This has lasted about 4 weeks now, and is working out well.  It makes things SO much easier come 5 o’clock when we get home.  No more thinking about what to make at the last minute when everyone is super hungry.  I know I’ve told people before that dinner is the bane of my existence – I HATE picking it out and making it.  Hate, hate, hate it.  This new plan of action has taken away my hatred of dinner time!  I never thought that would happen!  I have to disclose that a lot of the recipes we are making are from a Crockpot cookbook, ‘Fix it and Forget it, Lightly’ by Phyllis Pellman Good (and a VERY big thank you to Miss Anna Caranci for letting me borrow it!)  Oh the Crockpot – a working mama’s BEST friend.  It does all the work for you while you are at work all day – oh if only it would serve the meal for you once you got home…….   J  

So with that said I thought I would share a bit of what’s been cooking at the Kiefer’s.  So far my favorite is the homemade mozzarella stuffed meatballs and spaghetti. This picture isn’t great but when you cut into these wonderful little meatballs out comes the wonderful mozzarella-y goodness.  Yum-o!  We’ve also done homemade turkey burgers with sweet potato French fries, extra cheesy grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup, cheesy chicken and BBQ chicken (and the recipe doesn’t even include BBQ sauce!!) I promise I don’t take pictures of ALL our dinners – but I do like to take them of ones I really enjoy! 
                                       
                                           Homemade Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs

                                                    Turkey Burger & Sweet Potato Fries

Now some non-domestication updates!

A quick house/DOT debacle update.   The appraiser came out to the house last Monday (March 14) to appraise the house.  He gave no indication of what he was going to appraise it for or when we would hear anything.  So I guess not so much of an update – but it’s all we have for now!  The house hunt continues however no one is getting their hopes up TOO much until boxes are packed!

Emma is still doing well with learning her body parts and saying more words.  She can now say ‘nighty night,’ ‘bye,’ ‘Gixxer,’ and ‘Amen’ along with the words she’s already picked up and uses regularly.  She’s eating totally on her own with a spoon and fork and can drink by herself from a regular cup.  She also likes to brush her teeth on her own, helps put her shoes on and is taking a slight interest in the business of potty.  Last week when she did a #2 in her diaper she went into her room, got a new diaper, and brought it out to me.  So, it’s a step in the right direction!  Since the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here lately I have found out that Emma loves being outside.  If I pick her up from school and they are on the playground it is nearly impossible to get her to come with me.  Then when we get home from school and I get her out of the car she runs into the front yard and doesn’t want to go in the house.  I can’t say that I blame her.  This weather is too nice to justify being inside!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment