Monday, February 27, 2012

2012 SONC Polar Plunge

This past Saturday was my third jump into freezing cold water for Special Olympics.  I must say this year seemed to have been the coldest of all.  Although the water temperature itself (43 degrees) was warmer than last year, so I'm not really sure how that works.  It was super cold and VERY windy on Saturday.  The sun was warm but as soon as the wind blew that warmth was gone.  Let's just say this year was FRIGID!  The HPPD group went as 'That 70's Squad' - some costumes were better than others (mine was one of the not.so.great).  Here's a few pics!  (no I didn't jump in my fluffy boots - I just wore those to get there and keep my feetsies warm while we waited.  I wore some jelly sandals into the water.  The same ones that I wore last year.  And the same ones I need to remember NOT to wear next year - NO traction on the bottom of the pool which hindered me getting out of the water as fast as I could!!)

{That 70's Squad}

{3-2-1 JUMP!}

{oh.my.goodness.  it's FREEZING in here}

{gotta get out, gotta get out, gotta get out}

{i see the exit, i think, FINALLY!}

{Buggy braving the cold to support Mommy -  she still even this morning has been talking about 'Mommyu jumping in the cold water.'  :O)}

Oh yea, and it's Monday. ICK! but only 3-1/2 more work days for ME!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment