Friday, February 10, 2012

The Days After Whole30

The past 4 days since my last day of Whole30 I have slowly eaten things that are non-Paleo.  Not a TON, but def some.  Pizza, creamer in my coffee, hot tamales, 2 pieces of naan with hummus, a piece of cake and a brownie.  It's beyond amazing to me how that little amount of non-Paleo food has made me feel like total crap. And my belly feels puffy again.  Enough so that I absolutely hate that I even had that little amount of stuff.  I really feel that it is the gluten more so than anything else.  I feel grossly bloated and just plain disqusting.  So today I am back following a lot more strict.  I finally got the Paleo Comfort Foods cookbook in the mail and I'm looking forward to sitting down and planning out meals for next week.  I know that when I have things planned out and something to look forward to I do much better.

But really, really amazing to me how little amount and how quick those things made me feel bad.  It's not even worth it.  Not even a little bit!

On a more positive note - I made a new salad dressing last night to go with my favorite salad of spinach, pecans, apples and sometimes baby tomatos.  Very few ingredients and it's YUMMY.  So yummy that I was craving it all morning knowing it was on my menu for lunch.  That's the thing about the Whole30 I love the most - it's really broken me out of my fear of cooking shell.  I'm a lot more willing to try new things as well as cook new things!  Since I got that cookbook I'll try to start posting about all the recipes I try from the book to let you know if they are worth it or not.  I'm very anxious to make some Paleo mayo too.  I've been a little scared to try but I'm throwing caution to the wind and just gonna do it!

Oh and I have 21 days until our cruise where I will have to wear a bathing suit.  Operation slim the belly start IMMEDIATELY!

Happy Friday Y'all!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment