Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Coconut Pound Cake

I tried another Paleo recipe.  This one is not from Paleo Comfort Foods.  I actually found it on Pinterest (pinned here) and thought it sounded easy and yummy.  I saw the word cake though and got a certain texture in my head.  This was def more like bread and not the traditional pound cake I was used to.  But it tastes very yummy. I had a slice this morning for breakfast with some strawberries and blueberries on top - I felt like I was having dessert for breakfast!! 

{Coconut Pound Cake}

I varied the recipe slightly because I didn't have cocnut extract - I used butter and almond extract.  Everything else I did as the recipe called for.  Oh but I did add a LOT of cinnamon to the top.  I love how cinnamon tastes when it's all crunchy like on top of bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment