Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Whole30 Day 4

Today has been a struggle.  All I have thought about is chocolate.  I wanted to give in, I wanted to forget the whole thing.  But I didn't.  And I won't.  And I made it thought another day.

Here comes a blah-blah boring breakfast picture.  I had the same again.  It's just what I like and it's easy.  So I go for it! (I feel like for the entire 30 days I will have the same picture for breakfast, just a different plate!)

  {breakfast - scrambled eggs with salsa verde & almonds}

Lunch was something new, and very delicious.  After a long search for Paleo approved lunch meat I found some at Trader Joe's and tried it out for the first time today.
{lunch - Italian spiced turkey slices with cucumber, baby tomatoes and mustard with grapes}

This afternoon was the hardest.  It felt like time was creeping by and my good snack supply was diminishing.  I had snacks of raisins, almonds and an orange.  But they didn't seem like enough.  By the time I left work I felt really, really hungry.  I needed to stop at the grocery store for a few supplies so I got Bug and headed to Lowe's Foods.  I had a dinner planned and had been looking forward to it ALL day.  But it never happened.  I was SO hungry that I got extremely irritated and was to the point of I needed food now or I would snap - not a good thing at all.  So I racked my brain for a place I could go out to eat that would be easy to stick to Paleo.  So we ended up at The Loop.  I knew I could get a salad there no problem.  

{dinner - grilled chicken salad with tomatoes and oil and vinegar (the salad did not come with cheese but was piled high with croutons - ridiculously hard not to eat them)}

Dinner was very good.  Although poor planning on my part resulted in spending extra money which was not ideal.  I don't think I will be making any 'quick stops' at the store before going home again in the next 26 days.  Normally when I get home I have a few almonds and they really help tide me over until dinner.  Amazing how not having those few little nuts affected my tummy and subsequently my mood.  So better planning is needed in my future.  

I forgot to mention in yesterday's post about my workout.  Yesterday was the first workout I did since Whole30 Day 1 and I felt really energetic throughout the whole thing.  Today's workout however totally kicked my rear end - and I'm not sure why.  I hadn't done the specific workout in a while but it normally doesn't hurt me quite as bad as it did today.  So so far no drastic workout changes - but I'm looking forward to having more energy during my workouts!

4 days down, 26 to go!  

2 comments:

  1. You're doing great!! My only concern is that you might not be eating enough... You shouldn't be hungry! Make sure you do some planning, pick out some recipes, and try your hand at a few new things! Eating to satiety, and having leftovers, became a life-saver for me!

    The best is yet to come!!!!

    Jennie
    http://www.easypaleo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tank you SO much Jennie for your support and encouragement! I sometimes feel like if I eat all the times I want to I’d be eating too much though. So I guess I need to find a happy medium. I was doing the Zone diet for a bit and I think the measuring out and only eating a certain number of things with each meal and snack and stuck with me. I need to let that go and just eat when I’m hungry – just don’t eat crap! :O)

    ReplyDelete